Surfing is a thrilling water sport that requires a lot of gear, and one essential item is a surf backpack. A good surf backpack is designed to protect your belongings from water and sand while also being comfortable to carry. When I look for the best surf backpack, there are a few critical factors to consider.
What to consider when buying a surf backpack
Firstly, the material of the backpack is crucial. It should be waterproof and durable to withstand the harsh conditions of the beach. Secondly, the size of the backpack should be appropriate for your needs. It should be able to fit all your surfing gear, including wetsuits, towels, and wax, without being too bulky or heavy to carry. Finally, the backpack’s design should be ergonomic, with padded straps and back support for comfortable carrying.
After researching and testing various surf backpacks, I have identified the top ten options that meet these criteria. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced surfer, these backpacks will provide you with the protection and convenience you need to enjoy your day on the waves.
- Riding the Waves of Success: The Billabong Story
- Banbe Sunglasses Review
- Aire Sunglasses Review
- Epokhe Sunglasses Review
- Surfing Lessons Sydney
Best Surf Backpacks
As an avid surfer, I know how important it is to have a reliable backpack to carry all your gear to the beach. Whether you’re a beginner or a pro, having the right backpack can make all the difference in your surfing experience. After researching and testing numerous options, I have compiled a list of the best surf backpacks on the market. These backpacks are durable, spacious, and designed specifically for surfers. Check out our top picks below.
If you’re in the market for a versatile surf backpack, the Dakine Dusty Mint 33L is a solid choice.
- The padded laptop sleeve is perfect for protecting your computer while on the go.
- The insulated cooler pocket is ideal for keeping drinks and snacks cold during long surf sessions.
- The adjustable sternum strap ensures a comfortable fit, even when carrying heavy loads.
- The mesh side pockets are a bit small and may not fit larger water bottles.
- The backpack may not be waterproof, so be sure to use a dry bag for any items that need to stay dry.
- The backpack may be a bit heavy when fully loaded.
Overall, I would recommend the Dakine Dusty Mint 33L to anyone in need of a durable and functional surf backpack. The backpack is spacious enough to fit all of your surf gear, including wetsuits, towels, and surfboards. The padded laptop sleeve is a nice touch, and the insulated cooler pocket is perfect for keeping drinks and snacks cold during long surf sessions.
One thing to keep in mind is that the mesh side pockets may not fit larger water bottles, so you may need to use a separate hydration system. Additionally, the backpack may not be completely waterproof, so be sure to use a dry bag for any items that need to stay dry.
Overall, the Dakine Dusty Mint 33L is a great investment for anyone in need of a reliable and functional surf backpack.
If you’re looking for a versatile and waterproof backpack to carry and protect your gear on single day and overnight adventures, the SealLine BigFork 30-Liter Waterproof Roll Top Dry Daypack Blue is a great option.
- The backpack is constructed with 100-percent waterproof PVC-free materials and welded seams, ensuring that your gear stays dry in any weather conditions.
- The DrySeal roll-top closure is easy to use and provides intuitive sealing and waterproof protection.
- The padded shoulder straps and webbing waist belt make carrying the backpack comfortable, and the harness is removable for travel and dry bag use.
- Some users have reported that the backpack is not as durable as they expected, and that it may develop leaks over time.
- The backpack’s exterior bungee system can be difficult to use, and may not be suitable for all types of gear.
- The backpack is relatively expensive compared to other waterproof backpacks on the market.
Overall, I would recommend the SealLine BigFork 30-Liter Waterproof Roll Top Dry Daypack Blue to anyone who needs a high-quality and versatile backpack for outdoor adventures. While it may be more expensive than some other options, the backpack’s waterproof construction and comfortable design make it well worth the investment.
The backpack is also relatively lightweight, weighing in at just 1 pound 12 ounces, and features a 30-liter capacity that is suitable for carrying all of your essential gear. The exterior bungee system is useful for quick and easy stowing and retrieval, and the lash points make it easy to secure the backpack to a kayak deck or paddle board.
Overall, I have been very pleased with the SealLine BigFork 30-Liter Waterproof Roll Top Dry Daypack Blue, and would highly recommend it to anyone who needs a reliable and durable backpack for outdoor adventures.
If you’re looking for a unique and eye-catching backpack, the Crelander LED Programmable Knight Backpack is a great choice.
- The backpack has a 48*48 full-color dot matrix screen that supports text, pictures, GIFs, and other formats, making it customizable to your liking.
- With a 3D hardcore waterproof material and adjustable shoulder strap size, this backpack is durable and comfortable to wear.
- It’s multipurpose with enough storage for a laptop, tablet, cosmetics, textbooks, cell phones, and more.
- The backpack does not come with a mobile power supply for safety reasons.
- Some users have reported a slight smell upon opening the backpack, but it dissipates after a few days of airing out.
- The backpack may not be suitable for those who prefer a more traditional or understated design.
I recently purchased this backpack and have received many compliments on its unique design. The LED screen is easy to customize with the app and adds a fun and personalized touch to the backpack. The backpack is also very spacious and has enough compartments to store all of my essentials. The adjustable shoulder straps make it comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
Overall, if you’re looking for a backpack that stands out and is customizable, the Crelander LED Programmable Knight Backpack is a great choice.
I highly recommend the Dakine Carbon 33 Liter backpack for anyone who needs a functional and durable backpack for daily use.
- The insulated cooler pocket is a game changer. It keeps my lunch and drinks cold all day long.
- The backpack is made from durable recycled polyester that can withstand the wear and tear of daily use.
- The S-curved back panel and padded shoulder straps make the backpack comfortable to wear for extended periods of time.
- The backpack is on the larger side, so it may not be suitable for those who prefer a smaller backpack.
- The backpack does not have a waist strap, which may be a concern for those who need additional support for heavy loads.
- The backpack is on the pricier side compared to other backpacks on the market.
I’ve been using the Dakine Carbon 33 Liter backpack for several months now and it has exceeded my expectations. The backpack has a padded laptop sleeve, an organizer pocket, and a fleece-lined sunglasses pocket. The front organizer compartment is perfect for storing my cell phone, pens, and other accessories. The backpack holds laptops up to 17 inches, which is perfect for my work needs.
The backpack is stylish and functional, making it perfect for daily commuters, college students, and travelers. The backpack is not intended for use by children 12 and under. The backpack is available in Carbon color, which is a sleek and modern color that goes well with any outfit.
Overall, I highly recommend the Dakine Carbon 33 Liter backpack for anyone who needs a durable and functional backpack for daily use. The backpack is perfect for those who need a lot of storage space and want to keep their belongings organized and secure.
If you’re looking for a stylish and functional surf backpack, the KAVU Rope Bag Sling Pack is a great choice.
- Made from high-quality 12oz 100% cotton canvas
- Adjustable rope shoulder strap and side-release buckle
- Two vertical zip compartments, two key or cell phone pockets, and a padded back with KAVU embroidery
- Only available in one size
- Limited color options
- Not waterproof
I recently purchased this backpack for a weekend surf trip and was impressed with its durability and functionality. The adjustable rope shoulder strap and side-release buckle made it easy to carry, and the two vertical zip compartments allowed me to easily pack my wetsuit, towel, and other essentials. The two key or cell phone pockets were also a convenient feature.
One thing to note is that this backpack is not waterproof, so if you’re planning on using it in wet conditions, you may want to consider purchasing a separate waterproof cover.
Overall, I highly recommend the KAVU Rope Bag Sling Pack for anyone in need of a stylish and functional surf backpack.
When looking for the best surf backpack, there are several features to consider. As a surfer, I know that having the right backpack can make all the difference in a successful day at the beach.
Size and Capacity
One of the most important factors to consider is the size and capacity of the backpack. It should be large enough to hold all of your surfing essentials, including your wetsuit, towel, sunscreen, and water bottle. However, it shouldn’t be so large that it becomes cumbersome to carry around. Look for a backpack that has multiple compartments and pockets to help keep your items organized.
Durability and Material
Since surfing involves exposure to water and sand, it’s important to choose a backpack that is made from durable and water-resistant materials. Look for backpacks that are made from materials such as nylon or polyester, which are known for their durability and resistance to water.
Comfort and Fit
A comfortable backpack is essential for a day at the beach. Look for backpacks that have padded straps and a padded back panel to ensure that the backpack is comfortable to wear for extended periods of time. Additionally, adjustable straps can help ensure that the backpack fits properly and doesn’t shift around while you’re carrying it.
Finally, consider any additional features that may be important to you. Some backpacks come with built-in hydration systems, while others have external straps for carrying a surfboard. Reflective detailing can also be helpful for early morning or late afternoon surf sessions.
Overall, choosing the right surf backpack is important for any surfer. By considering factors such as size, durability, comfort, and additional features, you can find the perfect backpack to suit your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the top features to look for in a surf backpack?
When looking for a surf backpack, some important features to consider are waterproof material, multiple compartments, padded straps, and a ventilated wetsuit compartment. These features will ensure that your gear stays dry and organized, and that you can comfortably carry your backpack to and from the beach.
Which brand offers the most durable surf backpacks?
There are several brands that offer durable surf backpacks, but some of the most popular ones are Dakine, Rip Curl, and O’Neill. These brands are known for their high-quality materials and construction, and their backpacks are designed to withstand the wear and tear of frequent use.
Are there any surf backpacks specifically designed for wetsuits?
Yes, there are several surf backpacks that are specifically designed to carry wetsuits. These backpacks typically have a ventilated compartment that allows your wetsuit to dry out while you’re on the go, and they may also have waterproof pockets or compartments to keep your other gear dry.
What are the most popular surf backpacks for men?
Some of the most popular surf backpacks for men include the Dakine Cyclone II Dry Pack, the Rip Curl F-Light Surf Pack, and the O’Neill Psycho Tech 5.5L Dry Backpack. These backpacks are all designed with surfers in mind, and they offer a variety of features to keep your gear organized and protected.
Can surf backpacks be used for school or everyday use?
Yes, many surf backpacks can be used for school or everyday use. While they are designed with surfers in mind, they often have multiple compartments and pockets that can be used to carry books, laptops, and other everyday items. Just be sure to choose a backpack that is the right size and style for your needs.
Are there any surf backpacks that offer extra storage for surf gear?
Yes, many surf backpacks offer extra storage for surf gear. Some backpacks have external straps or pockets that can be used to carry surfboards, while others have specialized compartments for fins, wax, and other accessories. When choosing a backpack, consider the type and amount of gear you need to carry, and look for a backpack that offers the right amount of storage and organization.